Mother's Day Tablescape

Friday, May 08, 2015


I am thinking about all the Mother's I know and love.  Who have done so much for me and all their loved ones.  

My own Mother who has passed on.  She was a wonderful woman, gentle and mild, and self-sacrificing.  She had rheumatoid arthritis at a young age, yet she would walk with me for miles in the coldest winter snow to take me to Ballet class or Girl Scouts, or shopping, as she didn't drive.  We would read together every night.  She would read a page then I would read a page.  She would stay by my bedside until I went to sleep.  I couldn't sleep very well then as well as now.  It was so comforting to have her nearby when I am sure she must have been very tired.   Now with many children of my own I understand what a Mother truly is.....  .

Please feel free to leave a comment.  If you click on the photo it will enlarge for a closer look.  Thanks.






The tablecloth was from Tai Pan Trading.  Purchased last year.  I had to buy 2.  They were very reasonably priced.  Only sold in a rectangular size and I wanted a round cloth.  So between the 2 I made a round.  I used the left over fabric to make napkins, which I added a shell stitch crocheted border.  I love decorative edges on napkins.  
The woven balls in my tablescape came from Tai Pan trading.  They were a natural color.  I used 3 different colors of spray paint, light ballet pink, watermelon, and sage then I sprayed the balls with the paint to scatter on the table.  The pink and white Chevron design place mat on top of the white linen place mat is wrapping paper.  I just cut the paper to the size I wanted.




I used my green Crown teacups, which was a close enough match to place at each place setting.  I just set the faux flowers in for the photo.  I don't know if you can see but the pink bowls at the top of my plate stack have adorable white flowers both painted and embossed onto two sides of the bowl.










My pink Urn came from Thanksgiving Point Emporium.  I really searched to find a pink one for a long time.  This urn had been sitting behind the cash register for some time.  It had been staring me in the face and I had never noticed.








The little rose box is from Martha Stewart.  They are molded cardboard and I just spray painted them with the Watermelon colored paint.  They have a surprise in them for the guest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engageya